Party pitcher drinks are perfect for laid back spring and summer entertaining and with bright lemonade and light coconut water flavors the Coconut Lemon Sour is a refreshing big batch cocktail you’ll be whipping up all spring and summer long.
Serving cocktails in pitchers makes entertaining a breeze. Simply mix up a batch (or three!) ahead of time and spend more time enjoying the party while guests help themselves. Whether you’re looking for an easy cocktail for your next brunch or bbq you and your guests will love this vodka cocktail for a crowd recipe that whips up in seconds and delivers light and bright coconut lemonade flavor.
Why spend all night shaking up cocktails when you could be enjoying them? Instead, mix up pitchers of 8 at a time! Depending on how many guests you’re expecting and how thirsty they are, you can even mix up more batches in advance. Then, simply add vodka and ice before serving.
Make ahead beverages are great to stock the bar with because they’re so versatile! Serve up a bunch of party pitchers, get creative and set a theme like seasonal or regional drinks.
Expecting a mixed crowd? Party pitchers make it easy for guests to customize to their own unique needs! Leave out the vodka for a refreshing Coconut Lemonade mocktail. At parties, serve chilled vodka on the side for guests to spike their beverages as they see fit.
Or, make it a single.
Just want something cold to sip on during happy hour at home? Make a single Coconut Lemon Sour cocktail with 2 ounces coconut water, 1 ounce vodka, half an once lemon juice and half an ounce simple syrup. Shake and serve over ice. Or check out my frothier, slightly more indulgent version the Coconut Chantilly Sour.
Coconut Lemon Sour Recipe
As tasty as it is simple this party pitcher is only four ingredients, five if you count ice.
- Fresh lemon juice, from about 5 large lemons. Zest or cut some decorative pieces off the rind before juicing.
- Unsweetened coconut water, about 4 cups or around a quart in the US. Or about a liter. For party pitchers I usually just pick up a big container of regular unflavored unsweetened coconut water, whether it’s a quart or a liter or exactly 4 cups will not make a big difference.
- Chilled vodka, the best you want to buy. If you have coconut vodka it really punches up the flavor. Or play around with other flavored infused vodkas.
- Homemade simple syrup, simply sugar and water. Still a bit apprehensive? Never fear! Read on for all you need to know about this 2 ingredient 2 minute bar staple.
How to Make Simple Syrup
Simple syrup will be keep refrigerated indefinitely although it may crystallize from evaporation over time. But it’s so easy to make I don’t recommend keeping for longer than 4-6 weeks before just dumping any remaining syrup and making it fresh next time.
- 4 cups coconut water unsweetened
- 2 1/2 cups vodka
- 1 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar granulated or raw sugar or even stevia
- Combine lemon juice and simple syrup in a large pitcher. Add vodka and coconut water. Top with ice before serving. Garnish with a lemon slice or citrus peel.
- Place sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved and liquid is clear. Cool and bottle. Refrigerate for up to 6 weeks.
Whether you serve ’em up at your mother’s day celebration, sunday brunch or camping trip I want to know about it. Remember to come back and leave a comment to let us know how you’re taking these ideas and making them your own.
If you like this check out these other easy drinks to mix up for a crowd:
- Cranberry Paloma Punch with tequila, grapefruit soda, cranberry juice, orange juice, lime juice and grapefruit juice.
- Strawberry Mint White Wine Spritzer fresh strawberries, mint leaves, chilled white wine topped with sparkling water.
Pin for Later!