Coconut Lemon Sour pitcher cocktails are a light and refreshing drink recipe you’ll be whipping up all spring and summer long. A simple, make ahead, large batch cocktail recipe with bright lemonade and coconut water flavor that’s perfect for summer entertaining.
Coconut cocktail recipe in a pitcher
Pitcher cocktails like this coconut water cocktail are delicious year-round. But there really is nothing like serving up an ice cold jug of pitcher cocktails in the spring and summer.
Big batch drink recipes are perfect for warm weather is because they are an easy laid back way to enjoy parties, picnics and holidays without much work.
Simply put serving cocktails in pitchers makes entertaining a breeze. Simply mix up a batch cocktail ahead of time and spend more time enjoying your party while guests help themselves.
You can make wine spritzers in a pitcher, pitchers of margaritas, mojitos or rum punch. But vodka pitcher drinks like this coconut water cocktail are such a light and refreshing drink for summer and spring.
Whether you’re looking for an easy cocktail for your next brunch or bbq you and your guests will love this vodka cocktail for a crowd recipe that whips up in seconds and delivers light and bright coconut lemonade flavor.
This vodka cocktail combines both the deliciousness of coconut cocktails with the tart refreshing flavor of lemon sour cocktails.
Make ahead beverages are great to stock the bar with because they’re so versatile! Serve up a bunch of party pitchers, get creative and set a theme like seasonal or regional drinks.
The base coconut sour recipe is simple. This party pitcher is only four ingredients. Vodka, simple syrup, coconut water and lemon juice.
But you can make it with coconut vodka instead of plain vodka for even more flavor in this coconut cocktail. Or use a flavored simple syrup like lavender simple syrup, blueberry syrup, rhubarb syrup, ginger syrup, etc.
- Fresh lemon juice– from about 5 large lemons.
- Unsweetened coconut water – this is a coconut cocktail made without cream of coconut. Instead this Coconut Lemon Sour coconut cocktail recipe is made with coconut water!
- Chilled vodka, the best you want to buy. If you have coconut vodka it really punches up the flavor. Or play around with other flavored infused vodkas.
- Homemade simple syrup, simply sugar and water.
Step by step instructions
- Make simple syrup. To make simple syrup combine equal parts granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Place sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved and liquid is clear. Cool and bottle. Refrigerate for up to 6 weeks.
- Zest lemon or cut some decorate pieces off the rind, then juice lemon.
- Combine lemon juice and simple syrup in a large pitcher.
- Add chilled vodka and unsweetened coconut water to pitcher.
- Top with ice when ready to serve and garnish with lemon.
The reason why pitcher cocktails are so great is because the large serving size makes 8 servings at a time so you can avoid spending all night shaking up cocktails and spend your time enjoying them instead.
You can easily turn it into an even bigger party punch instead simply by increasing the serving size in the recipe. Or simply make a single serving coconut sour recipe using the proportions below.
Single serving coconut sour
Easily make a single Coconut Lemon Sour cocktail instead. Simply combine 2 ounces coconut water with 1 ounce vodka, half an ounce lemon juice and half an ounce simple syrup. Then shake with ice in a cocktail shaker and serve either chilled in a martini glass or coupe glass. Or serve with the ice in a tall glass.
Want something a bit more frothy and indulgent? Check out this other coconut sour recipe the Coconut Chantilly Sour.
Make ahead cocktail recipe
To make this pitcher cocktail recipe ahead of time simply combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and store refrigerated up to 3 days before serving. Add ice when ready to serve.
How to serve
Party pitchers make it easy for guests to customize to their own unique needs.
Whether you serve Coconut Lemon Sour pitcher cocktails at your mother’s day celebration, Easter sunday brunch or camping trip this are such a refreshing light cocktail recipe for spring, summer and everyday.
Serve this big batch coconut water cocktail recipe in a pitcher with chilled vodka on the side for people to enjoy as a refreshing coconut lemonade or add vodka if they’d like. You can also include a few bottles of sparkling water to use to turn the drink into a sparkling coconut water drink instead.
Include lemon wedges or wheels to garnish. And rim the glasses with shredded coconut or a sugar rim if you’d like. Or leave the glasses plain.
However you serve it this is a party pitcher recipe to enjoy all year long!
Coconut lemonade mocktail
Leave out the vodka for a refreshing Coconut Lemonade mocktail.
- 4 cups coconut water unflavored and unsweetened
- 2 ½ cups vodka
- 1 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ¾ cup simple syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- To make simple syrup combine granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Place sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved and liquid is clear. Cool and bottle. Refrigerate for up to 6 weeks until ready to use.
Coconut lemon sour
- Cut a piece of lemon off the rind then juice lemon to get fresh squeezed lemon juice. Combine lemon juice and and simple syrup in a large pitcher with coconut water and chilled vodka. Stir.
- Top with ice before serving.
- Garnish with a lemon peel and enjoy.