A Cranberry Paloma is a light, fruity fizzy paloma cocktail recipe made with fresh ingredients like cranberry sauce and grapefruit making it a perfect cocktail for the holidays, or anytime of year!
Paloma cocktail recipe
This cranberry paloma cocktail recipe is made with simple ingredients like cranberry sauce, grapefruit soda and fresh fruit juice.
It’s a sweet and tart sparkling paloma cocktail recipe that’s refreshing year-round, but also perfect for the holiday season as a Thanksgiving cocktail recipe or drink for Christmas.
- Grapefruit soda – I like to use Squirt or San Pellegrino Pompelmo. For a skinny paloma recipe use a little extra grapefruit juice and sparkling water instead of soda.
- Cranberry puree – fresh cranberries pureed smooth makes for a vibrant flavorful addition to this classic paloma. But you can also make a super easy paloma recipe using leftover cranberry sauce instead. Make sure to puree the sauce completely smooth before using. Or you can even use cranberry juice instead of puree.
- Fruit juice – fresh squeezed lime juice, orange juice and grapefruit juice make the most delicious cocktail, but bottled juices can be substituted if you have them on hand instead.
- Tequila – tequila blanco also known as silver tequila or tequila plata. Or use mezcal for a smoky paloma cocktail.
- Optional – garnish with a couple fresh cranberries or citrus wedges. Or use cranberry sugar to rim the glasses before pouring.
Step by step instructions
- Blend cranberries into a smooth cranberry puree, adding water if needed. Strain, if desired, to remove seeds.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour tequila over ice. Add cranberry puree and fresh squeezed grapefruit, orange and lime juices.
- Shake until icy cold.
- Pour everything, including ice, into two tall glasses. Or strain over a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with a pour of Squirt or other grapefruit soda.
- Garnish as desired before serving.
Cranberry paloma martini
To make a cranberry paloma recipe that’s a bit stronger, make it a paloma martini instead. Simply shake the cranberry, fruit juices and tequila until icy cold. Then strain into martini glasses and add a splash of soda. Garnish with a spear of cranberries, or a grapefruit round.
This is a 2 paloma recipe but you can also make this Cranberry Paloma Punch that serves 20. Or adjust the serving size in the recipe card below to suit your needs.
- 1 ounce cranberry puree
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce Squirt or other grapefruit soda
- Using a small food processor or blender blend cranberries into a smooth cranberry puree, adding water if needed to thin. Then strain cranberry sauce, if desired, to remove seeds.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour tequila over ice. Add cranberry puree.2 ounces tequila, 1 ounce cranberry puree
- Then squeeze orange, lime and grapefruit juice into shaker.2 ounces grapefruit juice, 1 ounce orange juice, 1 ounce lime juice
- Shake everything until icy cold.
- Pour mixture into two tall glasses and top with grapefruit soda.1 ounce Squirt
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, or cranberry ice cubes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!