Homemade Cranberry Sugar can be used to add a festive touch to so many dishes. Use it as an naturally pink colored decorating sugar for cookies and cupcakes, as a festive sugar rim for cocktails, in place of regular sugar in baking or fill jars with it as a simple homemade holiday gift!
Naturally flavored and colored sugar
Naturally colored Cranberry Sugar is made simply from pulsed fresh cranberries and granulated sugar. The cranberries give the sugar a pale pink color, light citrusy flavor and a brown sugar like texture.
It’s such a simple way to upgrade all sorts of dishes! And a great thing to keep on hand for last minute holiday gifting.
- Fresh cranberries – are available in supermarkets from fall – winter. Substitute frozen cranberries to make Cranberry Sugar year round.
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
Step by step instructions
- Place sugar, cinnamon, and cranberries in a small food processor.
- Pulse up to 5 times to combine.
- Cover and store refrigerated up to 7 days.
How to use
Use Cranberry Sugar in so many ways!
- Use it as a rim for holiday cocktail, mocktail, cranberry palomas and cranberry margaritas, and cranberry punch .
- Sprinkle a bit on fresh fruit.
- Use it as a sparkling sugar for cakes and cupcakes decorating.
- Use it in place of regular sugar to add a little extra color and flavor to anything! Makes a delicious topping for holiday creme brulee!
How to store
Store cranberry sugar refrigerated up to 7 days.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 small fresh cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Clean and dry cranberries.2-3 small fresh cranberries
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor and pulse just until the cranberries begin to break down and the texture is like brown sugar.½ cup granulated sugar, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Store covered in the refrigerator up to seven days.