Homemade Cranberry Sugar can be used to add a festive touch to so many dishes!
Use it as an naturally pink colored decorating sugar for cookies and cupcakes, as a festive sugar rim for cocktails, in place of regular sugar in baking or fill jars with it as a simple homemade holiday gift!
Naturally flavored and colored sugar
Naturally colored Cranberry Sugar is made simply from pulsed fresh cranberries and granulated sugar. The cranberries give the sugar a pale pink color, light citrusy flavor and a brown sugar like texture.
It’s such a simple way to upgrade all sorts of dishes! And a great thing to keep on hand for last minute holiday gifting.
- Fresh cranberries – are available in supermarkets from fall – winter. Substitute frozen cranberries to make Cranberry Sugar year round.
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
Step by step instructions
- Place sugar, cinnamon, and cranberries in a small food processor.
- Pulse up to 5 times to combine.
- Cover and store refrigerated up to 7 days.
How to use
Use Cranberry Sugar in so many ways!
- Use it as a sugar rim for holiday cocktail, mocktail and punch glasses!
- Sprinkle a bit on fresh fruit.
- Use it as a sparkling sugar for cakes and cupcakes decorating.
- Use it in place of regular sugar to add a little extra color and flavor to anything! Makes a delicious topping for holiday creme brulee!
How to store
Store, refrigerated, up to 7 days.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 small fresh cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Clean and dry cranberries.
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor and pulse just until the cranberries begin to break down and the texture is like brown sugar.
- Store covered in the refrigerator up to seven days.
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Leave a Reply