The Ginger Sparkler is an easy 2 ingredient champagne cocktail made with homemade ginger syrup and good quality sparkling wine!
With homemade ginger syrup it’s simple to whip up easy ginger drinks in minutes.
Simply a mix of ginger syrup and sparkling wine the Ginger Sparkler makes a festive, easy-to-tote cocktail to bring along to all your holiday parties and events. Or anytime there’s cause for a celebration.
This ginger champagne cocktail is perfect for when you’re wondering what to mix with champagne. Simply mix up the ginger syrup and grab a few bottles of champagne and sparkling water. An you’ll be ready to mix up cocktails to share!
Optionally you can add a little gin or vodka to make it more like a classic champagne cocktail.
- Ginger simple syrup – homemade ginger infused syrup is a delicious easy make ahead ingredient for all sorts of ginger drinks. Cocktails, mocktails, ginger flavored baked goods and more!
- Sparkling wine – or champagne. The difference between sparkling wine and champagne is that champagne comes from the Champagne region of France and is produced under very strict guidelines and other sparkling wines, like prosecco, cava, sparkling rose, etc are not.
Step by step instructions
- Make ginger syrup. Combine sliced fresh ginger root, either peeled or unpeeled, with granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and allow the ginger to steep in the warm simple syrup for at least 3 hours, and up to 12 hours total. Once desired ginger flavor is reached, strain ginger pieces (toss with sugar to make a candied ginger garnish). Place ginger syrup in a tightly covered jar or other container and store refrigerated, for up to 6 weeks.
- When ready to serve the Ginger Sparkler ginger champagne cocktail pour ginger syrup into tall glass or champagne flute.
- Top with a pour of chilled sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a piece of candied ginger, if desired.
The same fresh ginger that is used to infuse the syrup can also be used to make candied ginger for garnish. A perfect zero waste garnish idea for ginger cocktails.
To make candied ginger simply remove ginger pieces from the infused syrup. Then place ginger on cooling rack until slightly dry and tacky, about 20-30 minutes. When still tacky toss the candied ginger in a bowl of sugar to give it a beautiful sugar coating. Tightly cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- 1 tablespoon ginger syrup
- 4 ounces sparkling wine or champagne
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 inches fresh ginger
- Make ginger syrup. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat and steep for at least 3 hours up to 12. Strain and store up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Pour ginger syrup into tall glass or champagne flute. Top with a pour of chilled sparkling wine or champagne.
Leave a Reply