Unicorn French 75 cocktails are a variation of the classic French 75 cocktail made with natural color changing vodka.
Perfect for parties and celebrations this is a simple but super fun update on a classic vodka champagne cocktail recipe!
French 75 cocktail variation
French 75 is a cocktail recipe dating back to World War I and supposedly created in Paris where it’s called a Soixante Quinze, pronounced ‘swa-sohn-kanz’, or simply a 75 Cocktail.
A potent champagne cocktail made from gin, champagne, lemon juice, and sugar. With many variations that are all festive, fizzy, delicious and perfect for parties and celebrations!
Especially when made with all natural color-changing butterfly pea infused Unicorn Vodka™. A crisp, bubbly vodka drink that perfectly combines the clean, light profile of a vodka French 75 with some of the botanical notes of the gin classic.
Technically one of the many French 75 variations known as a French 76, this French 75 is made with vodka instead of gin.
For another fun variation on the French 75, try a vodka French 77 made with the addition of St Germain elderflower liqueur. Check out Difford’s Guide for more about the history of the French 75 cocktail as well as many different recipe variations.
- Unicorn vodka – all natural color-changing Unicorn Vodka adds a light herbal flavor to this cocktail typically made with botanical gin. The natural, bright blue shade will transform to a light purple when mixed with lemon juice.
- Lemon – spiraled and juiced.
- Simple syrup – made from a a 1 to 1 mix of granulated sugar and water.
- Sparkling white wine – like brut Champagne.
Step by step instructions
- Make simple syrup by heating sugar and water in a small saucepan until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate and use within 30 days.
- Chill champagne and champagne flutes and place vodka in freezer.
- Slice peel from lemon in a long, thin spiral. Then juice lemon, you should have about 3 ounces of lemon juice total.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add lemon juice and a generous pour of simple syrup. Shake until fully chilled.
- Strain into chilled champagne flute.
- Add chilled champagne.
- Float 1 ounce (or more!) Unicorn Vodka carefully over top using the back of a spoon to maintain layers as much as possible.
- Garnish with lemon spiral. Serve with a bar spoon or stirring utensil.
- Stir and enjoy!
How to serve
French 75 cocktails are traditionally served with a lemon twist. In this festive Unicorn 75 a short lemon spiral poking out from the side of the glass is fun nod to the spiral tip of a unicorn horn.
Because French 75 cocktails are traditionally served with a lemon twist.
To make a lemon twist cut a long strip of lemon peel from the top to the bottom of the lemon in a spiral pattern before juicing.
Or for an even easier full proof method simply make a lemon twist from a slice of lemon. Split lemon round and peel the flesh out like you would an orange leaving only the rind. Then twist the rind to make a spiral.
To make French 75 for a crowd combine vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup in a pitcher. Then top with champagne when ready to serve. Perfect for bridal showers, brunch, mothers day and more!
- 1 ounce Unicorn Vodka or more, as desired
- 1 ounce lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces dry sparkling white wine brut Champagne, or other chilled
- Slice peel from lemon in a long, thin spiral then juice the lemon.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine lemon juice and simple syrup. Shake vigorously until chilled then strain into chilled champagne flute.
- Top with sparkling wine and float vodka over the back of the spoon to maintain layers.
- Twist lemon peel into a tendril and garnish glass with lemon twist. Serve immediately.
Shop this post
Please note: Fresh Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Oh my, what a beautiful cocktail! Perfect for a girls’ night in – adding this to the list for our next get-together, thanks!
The colors achieved in this unicorn martini are magical! I’ve got to try this!
I love these cocktails, they’re so gorgeous! The color-changing vodka isn’t something I’d heard of before, but now I definitely have to get my hands on a bottle. Can’t wait to give this a try!
Love the presentation and the combinations too. Definitely my evening to get special. Thanks.