Frozen Cranberry Apple Cider Mimosa a grown up boozy float made with frozen cranberry apple cider and champagne that’s perfect as a Thanksgiving mimosa!
A delicious champagne cocktail that’s like dessert and after dinner drink in one.
Frozen mimosa recipe
If you’re looking for a new cocktail for Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving mimosa look no further!
A frozen mimosa, or fromosa, that is a mashup of cranberry mimosa and apple cider mimosa that can be made almost entirely ahead of time (aside from popping the bottle of bubbly). Basically it’s the perfect Thanksgiving mimosa.
Made by freezing apple cider and cranberry puree until slushie then topping with champagne this cranberry apple cider champagne cocktail is perfect for brunch, dinner or dessert any time of year. But especially during the holidays.
But you can also enjoy these mimosas in the fall when apple picking, as a cocktail for or as a Christmas drink. You can even turn it into big batch mimosa to serve as a holiday punch recipe.
No matter how you serve them you are going to love these frozen cranberry apple cider mimosas!
- Cranberry Apple Cider Sorbet – Made with fresh or frozen cranberries and apple cider or apple juice that have been simmered, strained and frozen. This fresh homemade cranberry apple sorbet really makes this sorbet mimosa special. Although raspberry sorbet or strawberry sorbet may be substituted in a pinch for an equally beautiful, but different flavored frozen mimosa. Or make a mimosa with cranberry juice and apple cider and serve chilled instead of frozen.
- Champagne – Champagne is sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France. Although the word is often used synonymously with sparkling wine or bubbles and referring to any wine that has effervescence, everything else is really just sparkling wine. Don’t worry about what is the best champagne for mimosas. Because the best champagne for mimosas is whatever champagne, or sparkling wine, is available near you and affordable for you. Extra brut and brut is less sweet while dry and extra dry are sweeter. Use cava, prosecco or any other sparkling wine you have for mimosas. Or make a non-alcoholic mimosa, or fauxmosa, using sparkling cider, kombucha, ginger ale or soda.
- Optional – To increase the alcohol content make it more like a classic champagne cocktail and add an ounce or two of vodka, gin or St Germain Elderflower Liquor to the glass before pouring the bubbly.
Step by Step instructions
If you’ve ever made my spiked apple cider slushie then you already know how to make apple cider slushies and this frozen cranberry apple cider mimosa recipe will be a no brainer for you. If not, no worries it’s as easy as freezing apple cider and topping with a pour of champagne.
- Puree a sweetened mixture of cranberries and apple cider and strain smooth. Then freeze, periodically stirring, until you have Cranberry Apple Sorbet. This homemade sorbet can be stored frozen for up to two months.
- When ready to serve chill champagne and champagne flutes or coupe glasses.
- Scoop sorbet into chilled glasses.
- Top with champagne or sparkling wine.
Make ahead mimosa
These frozen mimosas can be made ahead of time in a few different ways.
Prevent a melted mess when serving frozen mimosas to a crowd by pre-scooping sorbet into glasses up to 24 hours in advance. Cover the sorbet filled glasses lightly with plastic wrap and carefully place in the freezer until ready to serve. Then all you have to do is top with sparkling wine.
Or turn it into a frozen mimosa punch! To make frozen mimosa punch freeze scoops of sorbet in a single layer prior to serving. Then when ready to serve the punch simply pour champagne into punch bowl and gently add the sorbet scoops. Garnish with fresh cranberries and thinly sliced apple rings to let guests know what to expect. You can also keep a bottle of chilled vodka nearby for guests who want to spike it up a notch.
Frozen Cranberry Apple Cider Mimosa
- 3 cups cranberry apple cider sorbet
- 750 ml champagne chilled
Cranberry Apple Sorbet
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup granulated sugar
Cranberry Apple Cider Sorbet
- Bring cranberries, apple cider and sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan. Then puree, strain and place in a shallow container in freezer. Freeze until set, breaking up frequently with a fork. Then cover tightly and store frozen until ready to use, up to 2 months.
Frozen Cranberry Apple Cider Mimosas
- Place serving dishes in the freezer to chill.
- When ready to serve scoop sorbet into serving glasses.
- Top with champagne.
- Serve immediately.
Wow…Looking amazing. Thank you for the amazing tips and a recipe for these really nice mimosas. Definitely, I tried it and gives feedback again…