Coconut Caramel Sauce is an easy caramel sauce recipe made without cream with only two ingredients!
Whip up in only a few minutes then drizzle, dip, dunk and fill your favorite sweets in this luscious caramel.
Easy caramel sauce recipe
There are many different caramel sauce recipes but this easy 2 ingredient coconut caramel sauce is arguably the absolute easiest caramel sauce recipe you’ll ever make. Made without cream, it’s actually a coconut dulce de leche made from either homemade or canned dulce de leche and canned cream of coconut. It’s perfectly thick and delicious with light tropical coconut flavor to make it even better than classic caramel sauce.
And the simple ingredients make it so that this caramel sauce is never grainy and does not crystallize. It’s basically completely foolproof!
- Cream of Coconut – cream of coconut is canned sweetened coconut cream typically used in cocktails. It is not the same thing as coconut milk and the two can not be used interchangeably. Popular brands of Cream of Coconut are Coco Lopez and Coco Real.
- Dulce de Leche – dulce de leche is a thick milk based caramel sold in the can or made with at home by either boiling or baking sweetened condensed milk or doing the same thing for longer with regular milk and sugar.
Step by step instructions
- Combine canned Cream of Coconut.
- With canned Dulce de Leche in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Warm until combined whisking until smooth.
- Carefully pour into small dishes to serve. Or cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to use
Use this easy caramel sauce for coffee or for ice cream sundaes. Or use it as a caramel dipping sauce for donuts, fruit, churros or puff pastry dippers. Drizzle it on bread pudding, brownies, french toast casseroles, and cakes. Or chill and use as a filling for macarons. There is no wrong way to eat caramel sauce!
This easy two ingredient coconut caramel sauce will last for two weeks refrigerated. To reheat simply warm over the stovetop or in the microwave.
This caramel sauce recipe yields roughly 3 ¾ cups caramel sauce, or enough for roughly 16 ¼ cup servings.
- 15 ounce cream of coconut canned
- 13.4 ounce dulce de leche canned or jarred
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low. Stirring often until combined.
Leave a Reply