Peppermint Mocha Irish Cream Liqueur or peppermint Baileys is an easy recipe for homemade Irish cream made with rich chocolate and just a hint of peppermint.
Peppermint Irish cream recipe
This peppermint baileys recipe makes such a great homemade Irish cream. Serve over ice, drizzle in a hot cup of coffee as Irish coffee, or swirled into a glass of cold brew. Or give away as a homemade gift. This large batch Irish cream recipe makes enough to gift and to keep!
Easy whip up and package in decorative bottles, store in the fridge and have on hand whenever the need for a gift arises. But this year I decided to make it even more festive with rich chocolate and a hint of peppermint.
- Heavy cream
- Instant espresso – Starbucks Via are my favorite!
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate syrup
- Peppermint essential oil – a drop or two is all you need to add fresh minty flavor. Or, substitute peppermint extract.
- Whiskey – whatever you have or the cheapest you can find. There’s really no sense in wasting a top-shelf spirit when you are going to be mixing it with all these other extremely delicious ingredients.
Step by step instructions
This homemade liqueur is quick and easy to whip up in a blender, food processor or by hand. And since it’s homemade you can customize it to be as weak or as strong as you wish.
- Pour all ingredients except whiskey into the food processor or blender
- Blend until combined. Or make without any extra electronic devices by whisking eggs in a large bowl then stirring in remaining ingredients by hand until combined.
- Whisk in desired amount of whiskey – anything from 1-2 cups is fine. or you can make a low proof version with just a ¼ cup of whiskey for flavor.
- Pour into lidded glass containers. I like to save up bottles and jars over the year to reuse. Frappuccino bottles and flip top kombucha bottles are my favorite.
How to store
Store peppermint baileys refrigerated up to two months.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon peppermint essential oil or substitute 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 cups whiskey
- Place all ingredients, expect whiskey, into blender or food processor.2 cups heavy whipping cream, 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 3 large eggs, 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup, 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder, ½ teaspoon peppermint essential oil
- Blend until combined.
- Stir in whiskey.2 cups whiskey
- Pour into jars and store, refrigerated, up to 2 months.