Spicy Mango Moscow Mule with muddled jalapeño, chilled vodka, fresh mango purée, lime juice and a hefty pour of refreshing Q Mixers Ginger Beer starts off with light fruitiness and ends with a lingering spice that entices you to take another sip.
This post has been sponsored by Q Mixers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A simple but super impressive Moscow mule recipe that’s easy to whip up at home for yourself, or for a crowd!
Tropical Moscow mule
Combine the fruit-forward, lingering spice of a spicy mango margarita with the warm ginger of a Moscow mule for my new favorite cocktail, The Spicy Mango Moscow Mule!
I love mango cocktails and anything that mixes fruit and spice – especially Moscow mules. And this one has it all! Fruitiness from fresh mango puree, warm spice from ginger beer and lingering heat from the chili pepper.
Q Ginger Beer
The main component of a great Moscow mule is a superb ginger beer. Save the ginger ales and super sweet ginger beer sodas for sipping. Instead, reach for premium Q Mixers Ginger Beer, a ginger beer made specifically for mixing to make your cocktails spectacular!
Q Mixers Ginger Beer is my ABSOLUTE favorite for cocktails! With so much more in the can than meets the eye. Real, all natural, non-GMO ingredients (like chili pepper, cardamom, lime and orange!) are mixed right in, enhancing the naturally fruity and warm flavor of ginger. And only Q Mixers Ginger Beer packs the less sweet, bold flavor, and high carbonation fizziness that I look for in cocktail mixers.
Find it in the beverage aisle, in the mixer section where tonic water is sold.
You’ll need both mango purée and mango spears if you’d like to garnish.
To pick a ripe mango look for fruit with a smooth peel that is not too soft but gives to the pressure of your finger.
To make fresh mango puree peel and add mango chunks to a blender or food processor. Squeeze in some lime and enough water to get it moving (about ¼ cup of water per mango depending on size). Use immediately or store refrigerated for up to 7 days. Alternatively you can also use frozen mango chunks or canned mango purée or juice.
To make mango garnish simply peel and cut a large spear from mango. Using a sharp knife score overlapping lines across the top edge of the spear and dip in chili salt before serving.
- Jalapeño or other chili like Thai red or habanero adds just another notch of spice. Not a fan of spice? Leave it out! Q Mixers Ginger Beer has enough kick without it.
- Vodka – Use whatever vodka you’ve got. No vodka? Play around with tequila, whiskey or even gin or leave out the alcohol all together.
- Lime – Fresh lime juice is always ideal, but bottled lime will do in a pinch.
- Chili salt – Make chili salt at home by mixing whatever chili powder and salt you have on hand. Combine together on a small plate and use to rim the glasses or dip mango spears in as garnish.
Step by step instructions
- In a large shaker add 1 jalapeño round (deseeded if desired). Press down with the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler to crush, releasing the oils. Add mango puree, vodka and lime juice. Shake to combine.
- Pour over ice into a copper mug or tall glass, straining to remove the jalapeño. There’s no need to strain over ice if omitting the jalapeño, simply pour it all in a mug instead.
- Top with Q Mixers Ginger Beer.
- Garnish with a chili-dipped mango spear.
Make ahead Moscow mules
Both the mango purée and infused vodka can be made ahead of time and used when desired. The puree can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. The vodka can infuse for up to a month with fresh jalapeno. Just keeep in mind the longer it infuses, the stronger it will be.
Mix up a big batch cocktail in a pitcher to serve cocktails all night without having to ‘man the shaker’. Simply combine mango purée, lime juice and vodka in a large pitcher and stir in jalapeño slices. When ready to serve remove jalapeño, add ice and top with ginger beer.
Make it your own
- Want it spicier? Use an infused vodka (either habanero or jalapeño) or muddle more jalapeños in the shaker.
- Less spicy? Omit the jalapeños all together. Q Ginger Beer has a bit of spice already mixed in!
- Alcohol free version – Simply omit the vodka and add more ginger beer for a refreshing and fun beverage sans alcohol.
- 3 ounces Q Mixers Ginger Beer
- 1.5 ounces vodka habanero or jalapeño infused optional
- 1 ounce mango purée
- .5 ounce lime juice from about ½ lime
- 1 ¼ inch jalapeno round
- Make mango puree. Peel mango and add flesh to a blender or food processor, reserving a few spears for garnish. Add the juice of ½ a lime and enough water to process the fruit and turn it into a pourable puree. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 3 days.
- In a large shaker add 1 jalapeño round (de-seeded if desired). Press down with the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler to crush, releasing the oils.
- Add mango puree, vodka and lime juice. Fill shaker with ice and shake to combine.
- Strain mixture over ice in a copper mug or tall glass. There's no need to strain over ice if omitting the jalapeño, simply pour it all in a mug instead.
- Top with Q Mixers Ginger Beer and garnish with a chili-dipped mango spear.