Peach Bourbon Smash a refreshing summer whiskey cocktail perfect for entertaining.
Maker’s Mark® bourbon shaken with fresh peach-infused black tea, homemade ginger lime syrup, and mint leaves. Topped with sparkling water, fresh mint and a peach slice, this is lightly sweet, full of flavor, a little fruity and bold. Just like Maker’s Mark®!
A classic reinvented
Created in partnership with Maker’s Mark® this is a stellar cocktail to serve with your mint juleps while watching The Big Race. Or, mix it up for pops this Father’s Day to show him just how versatile his favorite whiskey can be. Whatever the occasion this Peach Bourbon Smash, the whiskey smash – Irish mule – spiked sweet tea – mint julep – mashup, is delicious – and perfect anytime.
Topped with sparkling water and a sprig of mint, the Peach Bourbon Smash is a perfectly balanced warm, fruity, bubbly cocktail with crazy depth of flavor.
Once you have your great quality bourbon, all you need are a few other homemade mixers like peach tea and ginger lime syrup. Then you’ll be shaking up glasses of fizzy flavorful Peach Bourbon Smash in no time!
- Bourbon – Maker’s Mark® with the recognizable hand-dipped red wax seal is a staple in both mine and my father’s liquor cabinet. For Father’s Day, I created this fresh summertime whiskey cocktail to treat Dad to his favorite in a new way. The warm ginger accents Maker’s Mark®’s woody vanilla aroma and it’s sweet fruity undertones are enhanced with the juicy peach and bright lime.
- Peaches – if fresh peaches are out of season, use frozen or canned peaches. The flavor will be good; it just won’t be quite as intense.
- Black tea – great quality black tea to infuse with fresh peaches. Or use any tea you prefer. But be aware steep times will vary for different teas.
- Lime juice
- Sparkling water
- Fresh mint
- Ginger lime simple syrup – made from sugar, water, lime zest and fresh ginger. Simple syrup is a common mint julep ingredient that adds a touch of sweetness to cocktails. Make it plain or get creative with infusions like blackberry or ginger lime. Simple syrup is such an easy way to add extra layers of flavor to drinks.
Step by step instructions
- Make ginger lime simple syrup. Combine sugar, water, ginger and lime zest in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat and steep for at least 3 hours up to 12. Strain and store up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Easily make peach iced tea at home using the same method as Blackberry Infused Earl Grey Iced Tea. Add the fruit during the steeping process to infuse with juicy peach flavor. With tea, you want big flavor. But don’t let the tea steep for too long or it will become bitter. A quick steep customized for the particular tea type ensures strong, non bitter tea flavor.
Steep black tea no more than five minutes.
Steep green and white tea for only 3 minutes.
- Place 5 cups ice in a large pitcher and strain peach infused black tea over ice. Ice will melt and immediately cool the tea. Store refrigerated up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve muddle fresh mint with ginger lime syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and pour Maker’s Mark bourbon over the ice.
- Add peach tea and lime juice.
- Shake to chill and pour into tall glass or mason jar. Do not strain.
- Fill with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a peach spear, lime wheel and/or mint sprig and serve.
The recipe yields one serving but can easily be made into a pitcher cocktail recipe by quadrupling the ingredients and mixing together in a large pitcher.
How to store
The ginger lime simple syrup can be made up to six weeks ahead of time when stored refrigerated.
The peach tea will can be made up to three days ahead of time when stored refrigerated.
- 2 ounces peach infused black tea
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- 1 ounce Maker’s Mark® bourbon
- ½ ounce ginger lime syrup
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice from ½ small lime
- 1 sprig mint leaves fresh
Peach Infused Black Tea
- 2 large fresh peaches or 2 cups frozen or canned
- 4 tablespoons loose leaf black tea or 8 tea bags
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups ice
Ginger Lime Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 inches fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons lime zest from 2 small limes
- Peel bottom leaves from mint sprig and add to shaker with simple syrup. Muddle slightly to crush leaves. Fill with ice. Pour bourbon over ice, add peach infused tea and lime. Shake and pour into tall glass. Top with sparkling water. Serve garnished with mint sprig and/or lime wheel and peach.
Peach Infused Black Tea
- Place 1 cup peach slices in a large bowl and spread the remaining on a single layer on baking sheet. Cover and freeze.
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil. Meanwhile, crush peaches slightly and add tea leaves. Pour boiling water over mixture and let steep only five minutes. Do not over steep or tea will be bitter.
- Place 5 cups ice in a large pitcher and strain peach infused black tea over ice. Ice will melt and immediately cool the tea. Use frozen peaches to garnish and serve. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
Ginger Lime Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat and steep for at least 3 hours up to 12. Strain and store up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator.