Salted Caramel Eggnog Cocktail mixed with salted caramel whiskey, store-bought eggnog and a splash of soda.
An easy eggnog recipe that’s delicious anytime you’re craving a creamy cocktail but especially satisfying served over the holidays.
What do you mix with eggnog
What do you mix with eggnog is always the question! Whether during the holidays or after.
And this eggnog cocktail recipe is the answer!
Made from just a few simple ingredients this eggnog cocktail is rich and creamy with notes of butterscotch an just a bit of sweetness. Perfect anytime you open the fridge and find yourself wondering what to do with eggnog staring back at you.
But especially delicious during a snowstorm or as a new favorite Christmas cocktail recipe. Add it to the list of festive cocktails in your collection like Cranberry Paloma Punch and The Jolly Ole Christmas Cocktail and the holidays are sure to be a good time!
Looking for something to make with eggnog other than a cocktail?
If you’d rather make a sweet eggnog recipe rather than a cocktail try making an Eggnog Crème Brulee dessert or eggnog Croissant Breakfast Bake.
- Salted caramel whiskey – Knucklenoggin Salted Caramel Whiskey is made with only real caramel and is smooth and flavorful with the natural, not too sweet, not at all salty, flavor of caramel with hints of vanilla. This whiskey is simply delicious served in a cocktail like this, mixed with Baileys, or on the rocks. Substitute spiced rum for similar flavor. Or feel free to use bourbon, cognac or brandy which are what you typically mix with eggnog.
- Premade eggnog – or can also be made with your favorite homemade eggnog recipe.
- Soda – root beer or cola.
Step by step instructions
Simply pour whiskey and eggnog over ice and top with a splash of soda. Enjoy!
How to serve
Serve cold topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder and nutmeg.
Or you can serve as a warm Christmas cocktail for a crowd by heating eggnog and salted caramel whiskey just to a simmer in a saucepan or slow cooker. Then serve in mugs with cinnamon sticks for swirling.
- 2 ounces salted caramel whiskey
- 3 ounces eggnog
- 3 ounces rootbeer
- dash nutmeg optional
- swirl caramel sauce optional
- In a mug or large glass filled with ice pour salted caramel whiskey over ice.
- Add eggnog.
- Top with a pour of rootbeer.
- Optionally garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg powder and a drizzle of caramel.
Leave a Reply