Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur is delicious and velvety served over ice, drizzled in coffee or splashed into baked goods.
Handmade holiday food gift idea
Make up a few batches of this decadent homemade Bailey’s irish cream to have on hand over the holidays and you’ll never be left standing without a gift to give.
Homemade Irish cream is easy to whip up and package in decorative bottles. Then store refrigerated and you’ll have a fun homemade food gift to hand out whenever the need for a gift arises.
I hear stories of people raving about my grandma’s homemade irish cream which is slightly stronger than the version that my stepmom has been gifting for for Christmas for as long as I can remember. It’s just such a normal holiday food gift in my family that I never think twice about making a huge batch every winter.
- Chocolate syrup – I prefer Hershey’s but any will do.
- Vanilla extract – imitation vanilla is totally acceptable in this irish cream recipe. Or you can use hazelnut, peppermint or coconut extract to change the flavor.
- Instant coffee – I prefer Starbucks Instant Via which is a micro ground coffee, but any instant coffee can be used.
- Heavy whipping cream – or substitute egg nog for the heavy cream for a delicious eggnog flavored cocktail mix.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Whiskey – I use whatever whiskey I have, or the cheapest. There’s really no sense in wasting a top-shelf spirit when you are going to be mixing it with all these other extremely delicious ingredients. The amount of whiskey you use in homemade irish cream is completely up to you. You can use more or less alcohol than the recipe calls for to customize to your own unique tastes. Or make a homemade irish cream creamer and leave the whiskey out completely.
Step by step instructions
- Pour all irish cream ingredients (except whiskey) into blender, food processor or mixing bowl.
- Blend or whisk until combined.
- Stir whiskey.
- Add to bottles and store refrigerated for up to 2 months.
How to store
Make up a few batches early in the season because this delicious irish cream keeps for up to 2 months refrigerated.
But, there are so many creative ways to use it, I doubt it would ever last that long.
How to use
You can use this mixture in so many ways! Try irish cream in a milkshake, make it into a flavored creme brulee, cheesecake, bailey’s espresso affogato float, baileys and coffee, bailey’s bread pudding, bailey’s poke cake, bailey’s frosting for cupcakes, bailey’s french toast.
Try homemade irish cream as a substitute for milk or cream in your favorite recipes!
This recipe makes about 4 cups, or 1 liter, of homemade Baileys. Enough for roughly 16 ¼ cup servings.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups whiskey irish whiskey preferred
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee microground instant coffee preferred
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients (except whiskey) to blender.3 large eggs, 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons instant coffee, 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in whiskey.1 ½ cups whiskey
- Transfer to an air tight canister and store in the refrigerator up to 2 months.