Delicious, tender Fall Off The Bone Grilled Pork Ribs are the perfect meal for low key summer entertaining.
Fully cooked ahead of time then finished on the grill this foolproof method results in perfect ribs every time!
Make ahead meal
Rubbed with a mild homemade spice blend, slow roasted in the oven and finished on the grill (or in the oven) this is an amazing recipe that makes entertaining easy.
When hosting it’s amazing to be able to complete all the kitchen work and have it cleaned up before guests arrive. Meal ideas like this are ideal when planning a party! Spend your time chatting and cocktailing rather than cooking dinner and cleaning dishes.
These tender pork ribs are also a perfect camping recipe. Simply bake ahead then warm on the grill at the campground.
- Baby back ribs – 2 racks. Spareribs or St Louis style ribs may be substituted.
- Pork Rub Seasoning Blend – ½ cup for each rack of ribs. This mix is made from a mix of brown sugar, salt, chili powder, garlic and black pepper but you can substitute your favorite spice mix.
Step by step instructions
- Make Pork Rub Seasoning Blend up to 1 month ahead of time then store covered at room temperature until ready to use.
- Prepare foil packs. For each rack of ribs place large pieces of foil, two vertical and two horizontally with the ribs in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat ribs in seasoning blend, discarding any extra.
- Fold up foil pack, sealing completely then either place in preheated oven or refrigerate until ready to bake (up to 24 hours in advance).
- Place both packs on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- Roast until fork tender, about 2 hours.
- Set aside to cool then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, bring ribs to room temperature and place on grill over medium heat.
- Top with barbecue sauce and cook meat side down until warmed through, flipping once.
If cooking two racks it’s nice to sauce one and leave the other dry for people who prefer their ribs unsauced.
What to serve with ribs
Serve Fall Off the Bone Pork Ribs with extra barbecue sauce and loads of paper towels on the side.
Pork ribs are also great with all of your favorite sides! A cool and crunchy salad like Cilantro Lime Coleslaw, Dill Potato Salad, Caprese Pasta Salad or Corn and Black Bean Salad. And the typical summer sides like fresh fruit, baked beans, homemade biscuits, strawberry shortcake and corn on the cob are also natural companions for pork ribs.
- 6 pounds baby back pork ribs 2 racks
Pork Rub Seasoning Blend
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Farenheit.
- Pat ribs dry with paper towels.
- Cut 4 large pieces of aluminum foil for each rack of ribs, place two vertical and two horizontal and place a rack of ribs in the middle.
- Season each rack with ½ cup of seasoning blend and rub all over top and bottom.
- Bring sides of foil up and seal tightly, then repeat with the other rack of ribs.
- Place both racks on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bake until fork tender, about 2 hours. Then either grill immediately or cool and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days in advance.
- When ready to serve heat grill to medium. Remove ribs from foil and place on grill, meaty side down. Top with barbecue sauce or leave dry and cook until warmed through with grill marks, about 10 minutes. Flipping halfway through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest a few minutes. Then cut between bones and serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
I chose this recipe at random. I am in my seventies and have been cooking since my early teens . By now i can usually tell by reading the ingredients of a recipe whether it is going to be good. I was right by this one. It is a really good blend. I made it to BBQ my first pork ribs. (Would you believe). I followed the recipe as is. Tyey could not have been better. I have added this to my saved recipes and will be using it from now on.
ONE armed MAMA
This comment just made my day, Betty! I’m so happy that you and your guests loved them. ☺️☺️