Frozen Cranberry Apple Cider Mimosas are a grown up boozy float made with frozen cranberry apple cider and champagne!
A delicious seasonal champagne cocktail that’s like dessert and after-dinner-drink in one!
Pink champagne in the winter
The beautiful pink color and tart sweet flavor of cranberry goes so well with champagne! This would be equally as delicious with simply cranberry juice, apple cider and chilled champagne. But is so fun as a champagne topped frozen apple cider cranberry sorbet.
- Cranberry Apple Cider Sorbet – Taking advantage of the gorgeous red-pink cranberries and fresh-pressed apple cider hitting shelves this time of year this easy recipe takes a summertime favorite and brings it into winter. It takes a bit of time to chill in the freezer but there’s really not much hands-on work involved. Of course, you can make these Cranberry Champagne Cocktails year-round using frozen cranberries and apple cider or juice or purchased sorbet
- Champagne – prosecco or any other bubbly beverage like kombucha, sparkling cider or club soda.
Step by Step instructions
- Place frozen apple cider, cranberry apple sorbet or chilled apple cider in various champagne flutes and glasses.
- Top with bubbly champagne.
- If serving Cranberry Apple Cider Mimosas to a crowd prevent a melted mess by pre-scooping sorbet into glasses up to 24 hours in advance. Cover lightly with plastic wrap place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Or make it a large batch cocktail punch. Freeze scoops of homemade sorbet before the event. Then simply pour a few bottles of bubbly in a large pitcher or punch bowl and gently add the sorbet. Garnish with fresh cranberries and thinly sliced apple rings to let guests know what to expect. P.s – keep a bottle of chilled vodka nearby for guests.
Make it your own
- To make frozen apple cider mocktail switch out the sparkling wine for sparkling cider, club soda or even kombucha for a bubbly sorbet float without alcohol. I’m a huge fan of unique float flavors and this seasonal version would be so unexpected and fun to serve either as a palette cleanser or dessert on Thanksgiving. Or, simply eat the Cranberry Apple Cider Sorbet straight with a spoon as a light, gluten and dairy free dessert any time of year!
- To increase the alcohol content make it more like a classic champagne cocktail and add an ounce or two of vodka, gin or St Germain Elderflower Liquor to the glass before pouring the bubbly.
- 3 cups cranberry apple cider sorbet or apple cider
- 750 ml champagne chilled
- Place serving dishes in the freezer to chill.
- When ready to serve scoop sorbet into serving glasses.
- Top with champagne.
- Serve immediately.
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.