Spicy Sparkling Watermelon Margaritas made with sparkling rosé wine are an amazing way to celebrate National Rosé Day!
The fresh, sweet flavor of homemade watermelon juice combined with tart lime and lightly spicy jalapeño-infused tequila. Perfect when topped off with a generous pour of Sparkling Rosé.
Watermelon margarita recipe
This Spicy Rosé Watermelon Margarita has all the elements to make a great cocktail. With everything that’s great about a classic lime margarita on the rocks. With a few unexpected twists added this watermelon margarita is quickly becoming one of my favorites!
Santa Margherita’s Sparkling Rosé adds a bit of sweetness and tons of sparkle to this take on the classic margarita. Watermelon juice is a great swap for the orange liquor typically in margaritas – it lends amazing fresh flavor and a bit of sweetness. Jalapeño tequila contrasts the sweetness with a bit of lingering spice. All of which just invites you to take another sip!
Yep, this margarita recipe is a keeper.
We enjoyed a few of these fresh, fruity fizzy pink cocktails at the beach and I’m also mixing them up again this week to celebrate National Rosé Day! One flavorful sip, and you’ll be finding excuses to whip them all the time, too!
This recipe may seem fancy, but it’s super easy to make from just a handful of ingredients – even the homemade watermelon juice and jalapeño tequila are very simple to whip up.
- Watermelon juice – vibrant pink Fresh Watermelon Juice.
- Jalapeño tequila – to make spicy chili infused tequila simply add fresh jalapeño slices to tequila and leave to infuse overnight.
- Lime juice
- Sparkling rosé wine
Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé is light and refreshing. Perfect straight from the glass or mixed into a delicious cocktail.
Step by step instructions
- Slice jalapenos and add to a small jar then fill with tequila to make Jalapeno Infused Tequila. Place in the refrigerator to infuse up to 2 weeks in advance, but at least 24 hours.
- Prepare fresh watermelon juice up to 2 days in advance.
- When ready to serve add fresh squeezed lime juice, watermelon juice and spicy tequila to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Dip rim of cocktail glass in Tajin or salt. And fill with ice.
- Then pour Spicy Watermelon Margarita over ice in glass.
- Top with sparkling rosé.
- Then garnish with lime, watermelon and jalapeño if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
- ½ ounce lime juice from ½ a small lime
- 1 ounce jalapeno infused tequila
- 2 ounces watermelon juice
- 3 ounces Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé
- Measure lime juice, tequila and watermelon juice into a large ice filled shaker. Shake until chilled and pour over ice in a small rocks glass.
- Top with Sparkling Rosé and serve garnished with a chili salt rim, lime, watermelon and jalapeno if desired.
Omgoodness, this recipe is brilliant! Rosé in a margarita is brilliant! I can already tell this will be my new favorite summer cocktail…and everyone else’s! Thanks for sharing 🙂
New favourite drink! So refreshing and that pop of spiciness works so well.
This will be so perfect for my next girls night in! Love the bit of spiciness to this drink.
This sounds like the perfect summer drink! I love all the ingredients – fresh watermelon juice, lime, and jalapeno-infused tequila? Even better with that bit of sparkle and such a beautiful color. I’m going to serve this at a barbecue this weekend.
I am a Margarita fan. The Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé with the flavor of watermelon and Jalapeno tequila sound so refreshing. I’m definitely going to give this one a try.