No Bake Cranberry Cream Pie uses fresh cranberries in three ways. Layers of bright cranberry raspberry custard, fluffy and creamy cranberry cheesecake. And also the sugar frosted cranberries that are sprinkled on the fluffy lemon whipped cream.
Cranberries are in season in winter and are delicious in so many recipes including this amazing inventive pie recipe!
Berries are always such an inspiring seasonal ingredient whether spring, summer or even winter!
In winter cranberries are the star of the seasonal berries!
From cocktails and punches to salads, dips, ice creams, and pies cranberries can do it all.
No Bake Cranberry Cream Pie is decadent AND refreshing. Lightly tart cranberry and lemon combined with sweet whipped cream, cool cheesecake and a nutty graham cracker crust. This inventive pie recipe makes a bright ombre addition to your dessert table, ANY time of year!
This pie is delicious all year round! Use in season cranberries and frozen raspberries in the winter. And in the summer use fresh seasonal raspberries and frozen cranberries.
- Graham cracker crust – sponsored by gluten free MI-DEL which are thicker than typical no bake crusts and perfect for cream pies with luscious filings like this. Mi-Del are non-GMO, Kosher Parve, Certified Gluten Free and Free from 8 common allergens: peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, fish and shellfish. Or try this with a traditional par baked all butter pie crust. Or even a homemade gluten free meringue crust or walnut crust or this baked cranberry pie with pecan pie crust.
- Cranberries fresh or frozen, thawed
- Raspberries fresh or frozen, thawed
- Lemons, zested and juiced
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Granulated sugar
- Confectioner’s sugar
Step by step instructions
- Make a cranberry raspberry custard that’s poured into the crust while still warm. This custard cools to a bright pink layer packed with luscious lemon and tangy cranberry flavor that’s balanced with a handful of raspberries. Add sweetness and a highly saturated pink color.Bring lemon zest, juice cranberries, raspberries, and a little sugar and water to a simmer and cook until cranberries burst and liquid reduces slightly, 12–15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Then puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return to saucepan and let sit off heat.
- In large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, granulated sugar, and salt together until combined. Slowly add half the warm cranberry mixture to eggs to temper. Then whisk into the remaining warm cranberry mixture in saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring constantly and being careful not to boil. Cook 8-10 minutes, scraping down sides and bottom often until custard thickens and coats spatula.
- Reserve ¼ cup cranberry raspberry custard and pour remaining into graham cracker crust.
- Chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar and lemon zest to make lemon whipped cream.
- Then fold half of the lemon whipped cream into a mixture of softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and cranberry raspberry custard to make the no bake cranberry cheesecake layer.
- Carefully spoon the no bake cranberry cheesecake on top of the chilled vibrant pink cranberry custard layer, smoothing with back of spoon.
- Top with remaining lemon whipped cream to finish this decadent cranberry dessert before it chills to firm in the refrigerator, at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- Make sugar frosted cranberries up to 7 days in advance. Flash cooked in simple syrup just until slightly soft with a bright pink color then coated in sugar sugared berries are so delicious. Make a bunch ahead of time and store refrigerated in a shallow container of granulated sugar mixed with lemon zest. Grab out with a slotted spoon when needed for a snack, cheese plate, cocktail garnish, dessert and more!
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days topping with sugared cranberries before serving.
How to store
Refrigerate. Use within 1-2 days. DO NOT freeze. Garnish with sugared cranberries just before serving.
- 4 cups cranberries fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 cups raspberries or frozen, thawed
- 2 large lemons
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 9″ Mi Del Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- Zest and juice lemons. Bring ½ cup juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated zest to a boil in a large saucepan over medium high heat with 3 cups cranberries, raspberries, ½ cup sugar and ¼ cup water. Reserve remaining 2 teaspoons zest for later and keep lemon juice for another use.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until cranberries burst and most of the liquid evaporates, 12–15 minutes. Cool slightly before puréeing in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- In large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, ½ cup sugar, and salt together until combined. Slowly add half the hot cranberry mixture to eggs. Add all to hot mixture.
- Stirring constantly bring to a simmer over medium heat, being careful not to boil. cook 8-10 minutes more stirring frequently and scraping down sides and bottom often until custard thickens and coats spatula. Reserve ¼ cup and pour remaining into Mi Del 9” Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust. Chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl beat reserved cranberry custard, softened cream cheese, and ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In narrow medium chilled bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon zest and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Divide in half and gently fold one half with the cranberry cream cheese until combined.
- Carefully spoon on top of chilled cranberry custard, smoothing with back of spoon. Top with remaining lemon whipped cream.
- Chill the pie until firm, at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, make Sugar Frosted Cranberries. Bring ½ cup granulated sugar and ½ cup water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add 1 cup cranberries and cook until barely starting to soften, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cranberries to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet. Chill until only slightly tacky, 20–30 minutes.
- Toss remaining ½ cup granulated sugar and 1 tsp. lemon zest in a small bowl. Toss cranberries in lemon sugar and sift out to leave a light sugar frosted coating.
- Refrigerate. Use within 1-2 days. DO NOT freeze. Garnish with Sugar Frosted Cranberries before serving.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Leave a Reply