By simply celebrating the Holidays at Home through conscious effort to relax and be present with the little things will pay off in ease and enjoyment!
Be thoughtful and choose only the things that bring joy for a less rushed, less forced and more enjoyable holiday season.
Thoughtful holiday planning
Hundreds of holiday fairs, light shows, parades, parties and want-to-do’s piling up. Lists of holiday crafts and foods and party ideas always calling.
But when you stop and focus on the things you actually want to do instead of worrying about everything you ‘should be doing’ you can slow down, relax and enjoy what matters most.
Ask your family what’s important to them and be thoughtful when planning what can be feasibly achieved.
Maybe once-annual traditions, like Santa photos, are no longer needed? Festive family time still is though!
10 fun activities to celebrate the holidays at home
- Tromping through the evergreens hunting the perfect tree and hopefully finding some snow to play in
- Baking and decorating gingerbread houses
- Baking sugar cookies and other treats
- Create a unique holiday music play list with your family’s favorite songs
- Making homemade ornaments
- Decorating the Christmas tree with ornaments from year’s past on the tree
- Make Christmas gift wish lists and brainstorm ideas to surprise others
- Craft holiday gifts and watch holiday movies
- Driving around looking for Christmas lights and drinking hot cocoa
- Writing a note for Santa to leave with his milk and cookies (don’t forget a carrot for Rudolph!)
Happiest of Holidays to you and yours!
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Leave a Reply