Berry Whipped Cream is a delicious fluffy homemade sweet treat that can be used as a dip, filling, frosting and more.
A simple whipped cream recipe that is so easy to make but has so many uses!
Fresh blueberry recipe
With the classic flavors of berries and cream this berry cream recipe really is simply just a blackberry blueberry whipped cream. Perfect to make when fresh berries are in season. Or make Berry Whipped Cream year round with berries found at the grocery store or with frozen fruit.
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Heavy whipping cream – also referred to as simply ‘heavy cream’. The difference between heavy cream and whipping cream is simply the amount of milk fat in the cream. Heavy cream contains 36% milk fat while whipping cream is 30% milk fat. Either can be used here but heavy whipping cream is preferred because it whips easier and holds its shape longer than regular whipping cream and makes for the fluffiest whipped cream. Cool Whip can also be substituted for the homemade whipped cream if you’d prefer. Cool Whip can be found in the freezer section of the grocery store and once defrosted is similar to homemade whipped cream.
- Confectioners sugar – you can use granulated sugar to make whipped cream but the little bit of cornstarch in confectioners sugar helps to make a bit more of a stabilized whipped cream to keep it fluffy for as long as possible.
- Vanilla extract
Step by step instructions
- Make a delicious blackberry blueberry sauce. Start by warming berries with sugar and a little water then puree and strain to remove seeds. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate until ready to use, up to 4 days.
- Then make homemade whipped cream. Start with cold heavy cream. The colder the cream, the easier and more quickly it will whip. It never hurts to even chill the mixing bowl and whisk or beaters in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or the freezer for 15 minutes. Whip the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla together on medium-high speed until soft and billowy, only a few minutes. Whipped cream will be ready when they reach medium high peaks.
- Pour a small amount of berry sauce into a serving dish.
- Dollop whipped cream over top.
- Stir to swirl berry sauce into whipped cream and add additional sauce until the desired amount of berry is added.
- Serve this delicious blackberry blueberry whipped cream and enjoy!
How to use
Use this beautiful Berry Whipped Cream as a fruit dip for strawberries and other fresh fruit. Or add it to a sweet dessert board to dip pastries, graham crackers, pretzels and more. Use berry whipped cream as a filling or frosting for cakes, cupcakes and even crepes or waffles. Use it as a fluffy base for classic fruit salad recipes or ambrosia. Or simply layer it with more berry sauce and serve as like a trifle or fruit parfait dessert in a cute serving cup or bowl with a spoon!
This Berry Whipped Cream recipe yields around 4 ½ cups of berry cream. Or roughly enough for 8 ½ cup servings.
Best served immediately when the whipped cream is as fresh as possible. To make ahead simply prepare the fresh berry sauce up to 4 days in advance. Then whip the cream and combine before serving.
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash salt
- Place berries, granulated sugar and water in small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved and berries are heated through. Carefully transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth then place a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl and strain the berry mixture to remove seeds. Discard solids and place berry sauce in refrigerator to chill until ready to use, at least 30 minutes up to 4 days.
- Make fresh whipped cream using a chilled bowl and chilled whisk or beaters beat cold heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla together on medium-high speed until soft and billowy, 3-5 minutes or until medium high peaks.
- Pour a small amount of berry sauce into a serving dish and dollop whipped cream over. Gently stir to swirl berry sauce into whipped cream adding additional sauce until the desired shade is reached.
- Serve and enjoy!