Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough has all the flavors of classic cookie dough but this recipe safe to eat right off the spoon!
This eggless version is made with milk instead making it completely acceptable to eat without baking.
Easy basic recipe
This recipe was inspired by my teen daughter, Chayce, and her friends. As I often am. The younger generation often picks up trends, even food trends, before the rest of us. And keeping an eye on what they’re currently raving about usually gives me a pretty good idea of what everyone else will be going mad over in a few weeks time. Just like with Dalgona coffee and other tiktok trends the kids usually know what’s up.
So watching a huge group of teens making a mess of my kitchen, phones in hand searching for cookie dough recipes had me thinking about edible cookie dough.
Heat treated flour and using milk in place of raw eggs gives this edible chocolate chip cookie dough recipe the same consistency of regular chocolate chip cookie dough. Only it’s safe to eat!
Note: Consume raw cookie dough at your own risk. The FDA has recently announced that there is a very small risk of getting sick from eating raw flour.
- Unsalted butter – or substitute salted butter and reduce amount of added salt
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour – heat treated in a 350 degree oven on a baking sheet for 5 minutes to kill any potential bacteria.
- Semisweet chocolate chips
Step by step instructions
- In a stand mixer, or by hand, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt and stir into butter and brown sugar. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Slowly add milk stirring until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Store refrigerated or roll into balls and freeze for later.
How to store
Store extra edible cookie dough covered in the refrigerator for a week or frozen up to 3 months.
How to use
There are lots of options for using edible cookie dough, other than just eating it as is. Use edible chocolate chip cookie dough as frosting or as a filling for cakes and cookies.
Use frozen edible cookie dough to stir into ice cream or as an ice cream sundae topper!
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed, light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, or by hand, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and stir.
- Combine flour and salt. Add the butter to mixture and stir until crumbly.
- Slowly add milk stirring until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
Leave a Reply