Bacon Cream Cheese Breakfast Bagel Sandwich a simple breakfast with endless possibilities for customization!
And, for me, these fluffy creamy toasted bagels hold a bit of nostalgia and family memories as well. I mean, all the best things are childhood throwbacks full of carbs and cheese and bacon, are they not?
Breakfast bagel sandwich recipe
Perfectly toasted fluffy bagels slathered with cool cream cheese and a few pieces of bacon in between.
The contrast of cool cream cheese and crisp, salty bacon makes this easy breakfast bagel sandwich recipe irresistible.
To me, anyway. The first time I served these to my husband who, I found out that day, despises cream cheese. And really isn’t a fan of bagels, either. I mean, who knew? There really are people out there who can resist carbs and dairy with bacon. And I married one of them.
- Bagels – soft, fresh plain bagels or whichever bagels you prefer.
- Cream cheese – softened cream cheese melts slightly when slathered on toasted bagel.
- Bacon – chewy thick cut bacon or super crispy bacon, cook it up however you prefer! Bacon can be made in advance and stored refrigerated up to 5 days in advance or frozen for up to a month.
- Avocado, chili flakes, cilantro and sauerkraut – optional, or whichever assorted toppings you desire!
What to put on
Take your Bacon Bagel Sandwiches up a notch and include some of these other spices and condiments on your breakfast bagel sandwiches. Or simply open up your cabinets and refrigerator to see what flavor combinations you can dream up!
- Fresh herbs
- Pickled red onions
- Chili flakes, sriracha or other favorite hot sauce
- Marinated onions
How to make
- Brown bacon
- Toast bagel
- Choose condiments
- 1 large plain bagel toasted
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 slices bacon cooked
- ¼ medium avocado thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut or kimchi (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- sprinkle red chili flakes
- Toast bagel.
- Smear each side of toasted bagel with cream cheese.
- Top bottom half with sauerkraut, fresh cilantro and an even layer of avocado slices. Sprinkle with red chili flakes.
- Top with toasted bagel to make a sandwich.
- Press down lightly. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply