Red White & Blue Mini Lemon Cheesecake Tarts are tender homemade lemon tart shells filled with no bake lemon cheesecake filling then finished with a topping of sweet jam and berries.
A festive easy bite sized dessert recipe that’s perfect for Memorial Day, Independence Day, picnics and more!
Red white and blue dessert
I only post recipes that I have made time and time again and that I have tested on friends and family. I brought these cheesecake tarts to a friend’s bridal shower a couple weeks ago and I recently made them for a Memorial Day barbeque and got rave reviews at both events which got me thinking that this is a little gem that definitely needed to be shared.
These Mini, Red, White and Blue Lemon Cheesecake Tarts are similar to my Puff Pastry Fruit Tart recipe as well as these Easy No Bake Cheesecake Mini Fruit Tarts. They’re super cute, simple to make, lightly sweet and PERFECT perfect for spring and summer events and gatherings!
Tools and ingredients
To make these cream cheese lemon mini tarts you do need a few special tools and a handful of basic ingredients.
- A mini muffin tin
- wooden dough press like this Pampered Chef shaper tool.
- Softened butter
- Softened cream cheese- 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese will give you enough for the filling (2 packages) and for the other 6 ounces cream cheese required for the tart shells with a few ounces leftover for tomorrow’s bagel sandwich.
- Lemon – for the zest and the juice. Or substitute with lime to make no bake lime cheesecake filling instead.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Preserves – jam or jelly in your choice of flavor. I’m using low sugar strawberry jam for it’s bright red color.
- Fresh berries – your choice of fresh berries or fruit to top the finished cheesecake tarts.
Step by step instructions
- Take out butter and cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Zest enough lemons to get 3 Tablespoons of lemon zest and then juice the lemons to get ¼ cup of lemon juice, about 3 small lemons should do the job.Prepare the tart shells based on this Pampered Chef recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add flour and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Using a small scoop, shape 1″ balls and place in ungreased nonstick mini muffin pan.
- Dip the tart shaper tool in flour, making sure that you get it completely covered in flour so that it will not stick. Then press down on each ball of dough until the dough rises to the top of each muffin cup.
- Prick the bottom of each tart shell with a fork.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool.
- While shells are baking prepare the no bake lemon cheesecake filling based on this Martha Stewart recipe. Beat room temperature cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add lemon zest and lemon juice and stir until combined. Place filling in a piping bag or Ziploc with the end snipped off.
- Fill each cooled tart shell with lemon cheesecake.
- Place in refrigerator to set up at least one hour.
- Before serving add a teaspoon of jam.
- Then place one or a few berries on top.
This cheesecake tart recipe makes 60 mini cheesecake tarts, about 20 servings of 3 tarts per serving.
- 22 ounces cream cheese softened, divided + 16 ounces for the filling and 6 ounces for the tart shells.
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest divided, 2 for the filling and 1 for the tart shells
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make the lemon cream cheese tart shells. Beat butter and 6 ounces softened cream cheese until airy. Add flour and mix well.
- Using a small scoop shape 1″ balls and put in ungreased mini muffin pans. Then using a tart shaper tool dipped in flour, press down until the dough rises to the top of each muffin cup. Prick the bottom of each tart shell with a fork.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven 15 to 20 minutes or until evenly golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool in pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make no bake lemon cheesecake tart filling. Beat 16 ounces softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest and stir until combined.
- Place mixture in piping bag or Ziploc bag with snipped end and fill each tart shell.
- Place on serving platter and refrigerator to set at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, or no more than 3 hours before, top with a teaspoon of strawberry jam and a few blueberries.
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Leave a Reply