Kick the new year off right and make breakfast a special event with a spread of yogurt parfaits in make-ahead, portable Breakfast Cookie Cups!
It’s easy to throw together a delicious breakfast or brunch in minutes with these amazingly delish and wholesome breakfast cookie cups.
An Easy Make Ahead Breakfast or Brunch
Breakfast doesn’t have to be elaborate to be wholesome and delicious (and fun!). Whip up these Breakfast Cookie Cups on Sunday and enjoy a whole week’s worth of quick grab-and-go yogurt parfaits that kids and adults will both love filling up however their hearts desire!
And because they are SO DANG STUNNING these portable parfaits are a no-brainer when looking for brunch recipe ideas.
I mean, can you just imagine the parfait table? Everyone will be snapping away without a clue just how easy they were to make.
Or, for a diy breakfast idea for a crowd simply set out breakfast cookie cups with an assortment of yogurts and toppings and let guests have fun customizing their own parfaits!
If you aren’t already sold on the ease and beauty how about food waste? This is another GREAT recipe that uses up those ripe bananas sitting on the counter. I know I’m not the only one always looking for inventive ways to use those.
And they’re portable!
How to Make Breakfast Cookie Cups Portable Yogurt Parfaits
Mix up some dry ingredients – oats, nuts, seeds, etc. – and cover it with wet ingredients then bake. Similar to granola bars or energy balls it really is that simple to make Breakfast Cookie Cups.
And because it is so simple it’s also incredibly easy to customize this recipe.
- One of the reasons these are so great for brunch spreads and serving to a crowd is because they are already naturally gluten free and vegetarian. But it’s easy make breakfast cookie cups that accommodate most food sensitivities and aversions, really. Simply switch coconut oil for the butter to make vegan breakfast cookie cups. Or create your own custom blend of seeds and fruit for a nut free version.
- Instead of yogurt, fill with ice cream, gelato or even milk for an all-in-one version of milk and cookies. Of course, they won’t be quite as portable filled with milk.
Breakfast Cookie Cups Portable Yogurt Parfaits Recipe
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almonds chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 medium ripe banana ½ cup mashed
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and almond butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once smooth remove from heat and stir in mashed banana, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut and ground flax seeds.
- Pour warm butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly in an ungreased 12 muffin tin, placing roughly ¼ cup in each. Using lightly greased fingers press mixture up against the sides of each and bake in preaheated oven until lightly browned and nutty, about 15 minutes.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes and fill as with yogurt, ice cream or milk (milk filled cups will not be portable). Top as desired with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, honey, chocolate, jam or more!
- Cover and store unfilled breakfast cookie cups at room temperature for up to 5 days.