Chewy Chocolate Homemade No Bake Granola Bars are a simple granola bar recipe that are easy to make in minutes and can be customized with whatever mix of ingredients you’d like.
Once you learn how to make granola bars like these no bake granola bars you’ll be making this delicious healthy snack all the time!
Easy nutritious snack
These chewy chocolate granola bars are so good and full of healthy ingredients you won’t feel guilty when you can’t stop eating them.
Versatile and easily customized to whatever you have available, they will quickly become a snack time staple.
Granola and I have a long history. I’m in love with it. It’s always there for me when I need it.
Seriously. I have depended on granola to comfort my aching belly throughout all my pregnancies.
With my first, I woke up every morning to eat a huge bowl of granola. I never knew what hungry was until I was about 3 months into that pregnancy. Granola was the only thing that would fill the never ending void that was my stomach. With my second, I woke up in the middle of the night every night to eat a Costco granola bars and a glass of Carnation Instant Breakfast, then woke up in the morning to eat a bowl of granola. Are you seeing a trend here?
Now I depend on it to feed the littles throughout the day, and power myself through as well! Trust me, this is a snack that easily doubles as a dessert to satisfy any late night (or mid morning) sweets cravings.
- Oatmeal – Good quality whole oats like Snoqualmie Falls Lodge Oatmeal now is not the time for quick cook oats.
- Mix ins – Choose any mix ins your heart desires like coconut, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, spices, etc. This version combines coconut, almonds and macadamia nuts with the oatmeal for a tropical feel.
- Sticky components – Enough sticky syrup from liquid ingredients to hold it all together. Butter, brown sugar, almond butter, molasses, honey, ghee, coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, etc. This version uses melted butter, brown sugar, almond butter and honey.
Step by step instructions
- Choose mix ins and combine with oats. You can either toast to bring out the flavors. Or you proceed without toasting. You can make nut free granola bars by using dried fruit, puffed rice, seeds, etc instead of nuts.
- Choose liquids.
- Combine all ingredients until dry ingredients are evenly covered and sticky.
- Dump homemade granola bar ingredients into a parchment paper lined pan and press firmly into pan, paying particular attention to the corners. Push as hard as you can. This pressure makes for a nice chewy granola bar that stays together rather than crumble.
- Top with a thick layer of chocolate and more of the granola bar ingredients as garnish. Or leave the chocolate off to make a healthy oat bars. You can also make dairy free granola bars by melting the chocolate in short intervals in the microwave then pouring over the bars. You can also make chocolate chip granola bars simply pressing mini chocolate chips on top of the flattened granola bars while the bars are still tacky.
- Let sit until granola bars are hardened. You can speed up the process by popping the pan in the refrigerator until hardened.
- Remove parchment from pan and slice into bars with a sharp knife.
- Place individual bars on drying rack to continue curing if needed.
- Wrap with plastic wrap or parchment and store in airtight container up to seven days.
How to store
Wrap with plastic wrap or parchment and store in airtight container up to seven days.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup mixed nuts and coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with greased parchment paper or tin foil leaving an overhang on all four sides.
- Place rolled oats, coconut and nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 5 minutes then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, almond butter, honey, brown sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until smooth. Remove from pan and add vanilla.
- Combine with dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Using back of measuring cup press firmly working inwards from edges. After evenly pressed use greased hands to press again to ensure mixture is evenly packed.
- Meanwhile, prepare chocolate ganache topping and pour over granola bars. Top with chopped nuts and coconut.
- Cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan, cut in desired sizes and serve.
Chocolate Ganache Topping
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring cream to a simmer.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let sit until soft, at least 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Leave a Reply