This post has been sponsored by Canada Dry®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A picnic basket with a few essentials and a quick stop by the grocery store is all you need to Pack an Easy Snack and Spritzer Picnic!
Whether you’re looking for picnic suggestions and food for two (or for a crowd) you can have an elegant, relaxing and laid-back afternoon with these tips and just a handful of items (that are quick and easy to grab at Kroger!).
Eating + Adventuring = Picnics!
Imagine this. You’re stretched out on a blanket. Sun on your face with a plethora of yummy little things in front of you – chocolate, mixed nuts, fruits, and cheeses. You’re creating interesting flavor combinations from your snacking situation and enjoying the sparkly beverage in your hand that was made in seconds with NEW Canada Dry® with Orangeade. It’s light, refreshing and PERFECT.
Wait? Do you hear that? No, not the kids yelling ‘mooooommmm’ from just far enough away.
It’s the sound of relaxation….and quite possibly a slight sound of fizzy bubbles from your spritzer?
Easy Store-Bought Picnic Basket Ideas
Whether you’re looking for a laid-back activity for your family, your friends, or as couple’s date idea, you’ll be looking for opportunities to stop by Fred Meyer and pack up a picnic all the time thanks to these tips!
Especially once you try the refreshing Picnic Spritzer!
Made with Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Orangeade this sparkly wine spritzer comes together so quickly because there’s the delicious taste of ginger and fresh fruit squeezed right into the can.
I chose the Orangeade flavor to complement the other picnic basket snacks. But I’m already dreaming up lots of creative cocktails and mocktails to make with the new Lemonade flavor too!
Find both in the shelf stable beverage aisle at your local Fred Meyer. I first noticed it when I was there picking up picnic items, and I knew it would be the perfect addition to my Picnic Spritzer. It’s also delicious straight out the can!
See for yourself. Check out Canada Dry’s assortment of new flavors at Kroger HERE.
How to Pack an Easy Snack and Spritzer Picnic
All you need are a few picnic essentials a handful of items for an elegant, relaxing, laid-back afternoon.
With everything in one spot it’s easy to head on out for an impromptu adventure! And makes it all the more likely that you won’t be stuck out in the woods or on the beach without exactly what you need—like a cork screw ?
- Picnic Basket – by all means, if you have a picnic basket, use that! But all you really need is a sturdy vessel that can transport quite a bit of stuff. A milk crate, large backpack, roomy beach bag or even a good quality reusable shopping bag would all work
- Cutting Board – a clean, knife-friendly surface serves as a prep station, serving platter or extra plate. And is invaluable whether you’re in the woods, at the neighborhood park or even in your own backyard
- Corkscrew – find a cheap version so you can always keep one in the basket. Even better if you can find one that also has a bottle opener
- Plates, Cutlery + Drinkware – a few forks, plates, cups & one all-purpose knife
- Trash Bag – make ‘carry in, carry out’ easy and keep a few trash bags in your basket. They also make excellent ponchos and can be sliced open and laid under the picnic blanket if the ground is damp
- Blanket – the best picnic blankets are lightweight but large so that they can cover a good amount of space but fold down small
- Towels – use sturdy kitchen towels to wrap up delicate items like wine bottles and soft fruits in the basket. Then use them to at the picnic to protect food from bugs and clean up messes like a champ
- Mini Condiments – save packets of hot sauce, ketchup, mustard, jams, honey, and s + p from take-out, fast food and room service
- Large Insulated Mug – fill with ice to use as a compact, portable ice bucket
- First Aid – travel bug spray, sunblock, as well as a few band aids don’t take up much space but are invaluable when you need them
Customize Your Basket!
Of course, if you frequently picnic with BBQs or at the beach, you can also keep fire starter, briquettes, matches, an oyster knife and tools for cracking shellfish in your basket. Customize it to what’s essential to you.
Supplies for Snack + Spritzer Picnic
When all the components are delicious by themselves but complement each other beautifully, there are endless combinations and something for everyone- no matter the size of your crowd.
- Dried Nuts
- Cheese – choose cheeses that complement your other offerings. Chevre, gouda and brie are all great with oranges and chocolate
- Small Baguette
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Orangeade
- Dry White Wine – sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, or whatever you have
- Something sweet to spread – fig spread , apricot jam, honey, etc.
How to Make White Wine Spritzers
Picnic Spritzer Recipe
Doesn’t get much better than super easy cocktail in a beautiful setting with the ones you love.
- 4 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces ginger ale
- 1 mandarin orange
- Muddle mandarin orange segments in a large glass.
- Add ice to fill.
- Pour wine over ice fill half the glass.
- Top with ginger ale to fill.
- Garnish with mandarin orange segment.