Blackberry Tea Iced Tea Latte is a creamy, smooth blackberry iced tea recipe made from earl grey tea, fresh blackberries, sugar and cream.
An iced tea latte recipe with juicy flavor and vibrant color that’s a perfect addition to your table all year round, especially during blackberry season!
What are tea lattes?
A tea latte is a sweetened milk tea. Simply sweet tea combined with milk or cream. You can serve hot tea lattes with steamed milk. Or simply combine iced tea with milk to make an iced tea latte.
You can make tea lattes with different teas, sweeteners, milks, infusions and spices. The most commonly known tea latte recipes are the chai tea latte, Thai iced tea and London fog. This recipe is based on the London fog, or earl grey latte, made with earl grey tea, sweetener and milk.
It’s a mixture of blackberry iced tea and earl grey milk tea. Blackberry infused earl grey tea latte topped with a splash of cream. Basically an earl grey tea with milk and blackberries. Or an iced earl grey latte with blackberry. Maybe a blackberry iced London fog?
Whatever you call it this Blackberry Tea Iced Tea Latte is the perfect iced tea latte recipe!
The naturally sweet flavor of fresh berries pairs perfectly well with the deep earthy flavor of black tea. And the splash of cream makes it mellow and smooth with a naturally vibrant purple color.
And the appeal of this homemade tea latte recipe goes beyond just looks and flavor. There are also many health benefits of drinking blackberry tea! Blackberries are an antioxidant rich, free radical reducing powerhouse with high concentrations of flavonoids, tannins and polyphenols, among others. Plus anthocyanins which may help reduce blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
- Tea- this iced tea latte recipe a perfect choice when looking for earl grey tea recipes and ideas for how to serve earl grey. Earl grey tea is naturally caffeinated blend of black tea and bergamot oil and has some impressive health benefits. Earl grey tea is also high in potassium and antioxidants and traditionally known to support digestion and be relaxing and soothing, both internally and externally. But any black tea can be substituted for very similar flavor. Use either loose leaf or bagged tea sachets.
- Blackberries – blackberries lend their bright color and delicious naturally sweet juicy flavor to this iced london fog but any fresh or frozen berries can be substituted. Raspberry Infused Iced Tea Latte is made with raspberries and black tea. To use frozen berries instead of fresh simply defrost frozen blackberries and reserve any liquid. Then decrease the amount of boiling water in step two to account for the extra liquid from the frozen berries.
- Granulated sugar – this is a sweet tea latte. Reduce or omit sugar to make an unsweetened iced tea latte. Or substitute to taste with a sweetener of choice.
- Cream – a splash of half and half up to ¼ to ½ the glass. You can increase the amount of milk to tea in a tea latte if you prefer. If so, whole milk, coconut milk, or oat milk is suggested instead of cream.
- Optional – Make blackberry leaf tea by adding fresh or dried blackberry leaves, if available, to increase the health benefits. There are some slight blackberry leaf tea side effects. Like interaction with medication and excessive consumption leading to nausea and diarrhea. So make sure to speak with a health professional before consuming especially if you are pregnant or allergic to berries.
How to make
- To make blackberry tea combine blackberries and sugar, smashing to break up the fruit and combine with the sugar to make a jam like mixture.
- Add earl grey tea, pouring loose-leaf directly into the mixture. Or removing the string and throwing tea bags into the bowl.
- Pour hot water over and steep for the recommended time for your tea. Steep black teas like Earl Grey tea for only 5 minutes and green tea or white tea for 3-4.
- Strain tea and fruit using a wire mesh strainer into a pitcher of ice. Cooling the tea quickly to guarantee it’s smooth, delicious and never bitter. Reserve the tea-infused fruit for another use. It’s delicious over ice cream or made into popsicles, tossed into cobbler, ice cream, or even tea flavored baked goods.
- Serve infused tea over ice and top with cream.
How to store
Store blackberry tea refrigerated up to a week. Pour over ice and top with milk or cream when ready to serve.
How to serve
There are many ways to serve blackberry tea! Serve blackberry hot tea. Or serve iced blackberry tea as you typically would sweet tea. Or follow the recipe and add milk or cream to make an iced blackberry tea latte.
To serve blackberry tea and tea lattes to a crowd stir in cream ahead of time and serve in a pitcher.
You can also make a blackberry tea cocktail with a splash of bourbon to turn it into a blackberry bourbon tea similar to this Peach Tea Bourbon Smash.
- ½ pint fresh blackberries about 1 cup
- ½ cup granulated sugar or any alternative sweetener
- 8 bags earl grey tea or 4 tablespoons loose-leaf tea
- ½ cup half and half or substitute whole milk or any dairy alternative
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups ice
- Bring 5 cups of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, place blackberries in a large bowl with granulated sugar. Crush into a thick jam like liquid.
- Add tea bags or loose-leaf tea and pour hot water over fruit and tea.
- Steep sweet tea for 5 minutes if using earl grey tea or other black tea. Slightly less if substituting black tea for green tea or white tea.
- Meanwhile, place 5 cups of ice in a large pitcher.
- After tea steeps, hold a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, over the pitcher of ice and strain blackberry tea concentrate over ice. The ice will immediately melt, diluting the concentrate and cooling the tea.
- Store iced blackberry tea refrigerated up to 7 days.
- When ready to serve pour blackberry tea over ice in a large glass. Add a drizzle of cream or up to a half glass of milk. Garnish with fresh blackberries, if desired. Enjoy!
Head on over to So Fab Food for the Blackberry Infused Earl Grey Iced Tea recipe I created exclusively for them!
Shop this post
Please note: Fresh Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. And these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.