Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur is delicious and velvety over ice or add some to your coffee to festive it up a bit.
Make up a few batches of this decadent and boozy coffee liqueur to have on hand over the holidays and you’ll never be left standing without an amazing gift to give.
fun and easy Handmade Holiday Gift
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur is easy to whip up and package in decorative bottles, store in the fridge and have on hand whenever the need for a gift arises.
I hear stories of people raving about my grandma’s hoemmade irish cream and my step mom has been whipping up batches of bailey’s for Christmas for as long as I can remember. When it’s this delicious and easy to make, why not?!
How to make Homemade Irish Cream
Make up a few batches early in the season because this delicious mix keeps for up to 2 months refrigerated.
But, there are so many creative ways to use it, I doubt it would ever last that long. Try it in a bailey’s milkshake, bailey’s creme brulee, bailey’s cheesecake, bailey’s espresso affogato float, baileys and coffee, bailey’s bread pudding, bailey’s poke cake, bailey’s frosting for cupcakes, bailey’s french toast…
Homemade Irish Cream Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (I prefer Hershey’s Simply 5 but any will do)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (imitation vanilla is totally acceptable)
- 2 packet of Starbucks Via instant coffee (or 2 tablespoons of the instant coffee of your choice)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-2 cups whiskey (depending on your strength preference). I use whatever whiskey I have, or the cheapest. There’s really no sense in wasting a top-shelf spirit when you are going to be mixing it with all these other extremely delicious ingredients.
Step by Step instructions
Pour everything except the whiskey into blender.
How beautiful is this mixture?! I mean, how can you go wrong with cream, coffee, condensed milk and chocolate…. kind of makes you want to jump right in and swim around, no? Or, maybe that’s just me…
Blend until combined.
Stir in your desired amount of whiskey and pour into bottles.
Get creative and customize it with other flavors or spirits. Use more or less alcohol or make a simple creamer and leave the spirits out completely. Use hazelnut or coconut extract to change the flavor, or substitute egg nog for the heavy cream. Get creative, friends!
My step mom uses 2 cups of whiskey per batch and my grandma uses 1 cup, so I took the middle road and added 1 1/2 cups. I typically do not like a super strong drink. I’d rather drink 10 weak drinks than 2 strong ones, but that’s just me. You go ahead and pour as much or as little whiskey as you want.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 1 1/2 Cups irish whiskey
- Place all ingredients (except whiskey) in blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in whiskey.
- Transfer to an air tight canister and store in the refrigerator up to 2 months.